Polycarbonate (PC) is a particular group of thermoplastic polymers which offers excellent optical clarity and instills a combination of unique properties, making it a good choice for safety and security glazing to fit in a wide variety of applications. Its lighter weight (1/3 of acrylic and 1/6 of glass) and versatility makes it easy to install and bent to form to meet different requirements. When Co-Extruded with UV surface coating, PC sheet enhances protection against light transmission losses and yellowing caused by excessive exposure to UV radiation in sunlight. VULCAN Valuview Series is targeted towards projects seeking optimal price versus value.
VULCAN polycarbonate sheets use only 100% Virgin Covestro UV stabilizer included master-batch.
Co-extruded with the Base Material, our Optical Grade UV400 Covestro (Bayer) master-batch, blocks harmful UV rays from 280~400nm. With UV400 coating, VULCAN Polycarbonate sheets are able to last 10 years or more.
Co-Extrusion ensures evenly spread, evenly thick base material and UV coating.
Clean Room Manufacturing
VULCAN Sheets are produced in Class 5000 clean rooms to ensure an impeccable quality.
Light Transmission Rates
Projects which requires direct light projection.
• Valuview Clear: 88%
Projects which requires reduced light projection.
• Valuview Blue: 40%
• Valuview Green: 40%
• Valuview Bronze: 25%*
• Valuview Opal: 20%*
*Custom light transmissions are available, and subject to minimum order quantity.
Typcial Charachteristics of Polycarbonate (PC)
• Extremely High Impact Resistance
• High Resistance to Climatic Change
• Design Flexibility
• Fire Retardent
• Ease of handling and Installation
• Light weight (particularly in comparison with glass)
• Reasonably easy to cut
• Fiar chemical resistance
• Can be dyed
Areas of application of Polycarbonate (PC)
• Glazing for stadiums, conservatories, greenhouses, building skylights
• Rooflights of houses or warehouses
• Protective glazing
• Security glazing
• Large area coverings of sport stadiums, transportation shelters or walkways
• Crash helmet, visors, protective goggles, riot shields
• Housings of smartphones and laptops